Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Husband is Home!

My husband came home for a few days before he heads over to Iraq. I'm so happy for him to be with us, even if it is for a few days. We went to pick him up at the airport yesterday and when Gabriel saw Daddy, he just stared, like he recognized him but was very shy. He would look at him in a way that made me think that he was thinking is that really him? It almost brought tears to my eyes. It feels weird to have him home, not in a bad way, it just seems like it was a dream . He had only been gone for about 2 and a half months so I can't imagine the way it will be when he gets home from Iraq. I remember last time was weird too, like it was a dream, a mirage that would some how disappear if I looked away. Gabriel now cant get enough of Daddy, and I know it will be weird when he leaves again, but for now, he's happy. He says "papa" and waves at him every time he sees him and smiles all the time.
We went to my Dear Husband's parents' house after the airport yesterday so he could pick some stuff up and drop off some stuff and after that we went to Benihana's for dinner. It was a long wait since it was a Friday night and we had no reservations, but the food was worth the wait. Gabriel stayed up pretty darn late but considering how tired he was he was great at the restaurant and let us eat. Out night however, was different. Gabriel woke up and cried and cried and we didn't know what was wrong with him. Eventually after about half an hour of crying, he went back to sleep. I was so uncomftorable though because he kept tossing and turning and digging his legs into my side and I was in a tiny space while Gabriel took up the whole bed. The Husband said he was used to sleeping in a tiny cot so it didn't bother him but I woke up with the worst back pain ever. Still, when I looked to my left and saw both of my boys snoring, it was so worth it. 
OH! And I forgot to brag, my wonderful man bought me an macbook! I'm so thankful for having a wonderful man by my side! I love this guy! 
So, If I'm MIA for awhile it's just because I'm going to be spending the most time I can with my two guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment