Monday, August 17, 2009

Arts and Crafts day

So today was a day of painting, stamping, cutting, and writing. I finally got my butt back in line to party planning mode since I had been putting off a bunch of things. I went to home depot and bought some terracotta flower pots and painted them for his centerpieces. By the time I was done painting fourteen flowerpots, and playing with a cranky 10 month old simultaneously, I had paint on my hair, face, clothes and even toes. Gabriel even got some paint on him for some odd reason. I also bought some picture frames to paint but I those are harder to paint because they are so small and my brush is too big to do any detailing, so its back to the arts and crafts store tommorrow...yay.
I am half done with his invites but I ran out of rubber cement and honestly, at 11pm, I don't feel like going to the grocery store to pick some up. I'm exhausted! But so far I am happy with the results I am getting! I will post pictures tomorrow when the paint dries on the flower pots and on the picture frames. 
My mom and mother-in-law tell me that I am putting way too much effort into this party and while I know it's true, I actually like doing this. My only concern now is what I'm going to do next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment