Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Gabriel!

This is a day late but Gabriel woke up on his birthday with a horribly runny nose and very fussy so when the time came to write my blog yesterday, he started crying so I just ended up going to bed with him.
I actually wrote my little man a letter:
Gabriel,
Happy First Birthday sweet baby boy. Words cannot even begin to describe how much I love you nor can they describe how great this whole year has been. It seems like just yesterday I was finding out that I was expecting, just yesterday that Daddy and I heard your heartbeat for the first time and were anxiously awaiting your arrival. We dreamed of what you would look like, of hearing your laugh, wrapping your hand around our fingers and spending our life with you. I don't even know how it happened so quickly, those nine months sped right by and before we knew it you were in our arms.
From the moment I laid eyes on your chubby little face you stole my heart. I felt whole. I never knew that something was even missing  but there was, you were missing in our lives. I still remember your cry and how when I would go into the nursery at the hospital I could distinguish it from the other crying babies. I remember the joy I felt when I held you for the first time, so small and precious yet you became my entire life from the second I found out of your existence. 
I still remember your first night home, how Daddy and I couldn't even sleep because we just were in awe that you were finally with us. I remember that we couldn't stop smiling at each other and telling eachother that you were so cute and couldn't get over the fact that you were ours. 
Every day you started changing so much, doing new things and before I knew it, I am writing you this, wiping away tears and remembering when you were inside of me. I am remembering when we went to the hospital with our bags in hand, camera ready and waiting to finally hold our precious baby boy. 
God could not have given us a better son that you. You will always be number one in my heart, while I know that I shouldn't say that, you are my firstborn, with you, I felt the first kick, I experienced childbirth, with you there were so many firsts, and that will be hard to replace. God bless you on this day and every day of your life. 
Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment