Monday, October 11, 2010

twenty-two



I am now 22. Scary. While I'm not really scared of aging, I do shudder when I think of how fast time is passing. Does that make sense? It's like I realize that time is passing so quickly that I'm going to miss something. I just turned 21, didn't I? I just found out I was pregnant, right? I only got married yesterday, right? No? Right, no. Ever since I became a mom I feel like time is passing by so quickly now. I'm sure people would argue that after a certain age is when the years start cascading upon you, for me, I'm not sure if that is the case. Maybe yes, maybe no. Either way, I'm 22.

My birthday was pretty uneventful, I guess it's not a birthday that was huge and worth a huge celebration but it was nice. I got to sleep in, and went out to breakfast with my Mom and Sister and kiddo. They also brought me presents and cards. My Sister got me cute sweater and necklace and Momma got me some cookbooks. My husband worked an early shift so it was nice to spend some time with my Mom and Sister. After breakfast, Gabe and I came home and napped for a little bit and later my sister and her friend dropped by and brought me flowers.

Around 5 my husband came home with some more presents. He got me a dozen red roses and gifts from him and Gabe. Gabriel picked out a balloon for me that happened to have Elmo on it.
I love disney princesses and Hubby got me a giftbag shapped like a castle with disney princesses on it. Inside was some makeup from MAC, including some things from the Disney Villains collection that I wanted and a few other things. He got me some eyeshadows, and an amazing red lipstick and lipliner and a liner, mascara and a pigment.




I also got something I wanted for the longest time...The Beauty and the Beast DVD. I had all the Disney movies on VHS but now I dont have a VHS player so I want to build my collection. So far, the only Disney Princess movies I have is Beauty & the Beast, Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty.


He also brought some cake and we invited our parents over. Some friends also came over for cake and coffee. It was nice to have people over since no one really visits us. My mom took Gabriel for the night so we could go out and we went out to a bar for a few drinks. It was nice and we really did have a good time.
Since we had the weekend off, Hubby wanted to spend it down in Monterrey but good 'ol mother nature had other plans and I was feeling really sick so we stayed in all day long. It was nice to just relax even though I felt like crap all day long. This weekend was just great to just spend time with Gabriel and my husband, since they are some of my biggest blessings, who cares if I'm an old hag who likes to stay in all weekend long? As long as I have the loves of my life, 22 or 47 will be the same. At least that's what I say now. Haha. Happy Birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment