Thursday, July 18, 2013

Rediscovery

A lot has happened since my last update over a year ago, I swear I kept wanting to blog but so much was going on and I guess I wasn't 100% committed.


Last time I posted I was around 15 weeks pregnant, still unsure of the sex of the baby and probably still dealing with that wretched morning sickness. Well, the baby was another little beautiful boy. He was born August 7, 2012 and stole my heart from the minute I saw his little face.


He was 9 lbs 4 oz of perfection and we named him Damian. He fit in perfectly into our little family and made us so happy from day one.

Going from one kiddo to two didn't seem too bad. Gabriel loved having his baby brother and he was such a huge help and always so loving and gentle. Breastfeeding went great, I mean, the kiddo latched on about a minute after being born for crying out loud. I had tons of help from Jesus, my mom and inlaws the first few weeks and even months which really helped the transition of becoming a family of 4. The sleep depravation sucked but I still cherished those 3am feedings when I got to snuggle up with my itty bitty. And during the days I loved watching Gabriel interact with his baby brother, always so loving and gentle, trying to calm him down when he would cry and later "teaching" him how to play, even now they are the best of friends.
When it was time to go back to work I cried. I hated having to leave not just one, but two kids. How I wish I could stay with them all day long! But such is life, I balanced the whole working momma gig, came home and did the super mommy thing and did it day in and day out.
And so, a year has passed (or almost!) Gabriel is almost 5 and will be starting kindergarten this fall. Seriously, how did that happen? He is a total dork (wonder where he got that from?) and has such a big heart and a huge imagination.

Damian will be one in just a few weeks and I find it ridiculous that I'm even saying that! This year has flown by and I've had so much fun seeing him grow up and change from being a floppy little newborn to a little cruising chubby (almost) toddler. He is so attatched to me which makes things a little harder to get anything done (ever had to cook dinner while simutaneously holding a 28 lb ball of fluff?) but he is a total sweetheart and I'm so happy that he's a part of our lives now.
Prince Charming, also known as "The husband" is the best daddy ever. He loves his boys and he also helps out with them a ton. Even if he's exhausted he will take the boys so momma can get a few hours to take a nap or something. He's been super busy with work since he recently got promoted but the times we do spend together are awesome, even if we are all just lounging around at home watching Toy Story 3 for the billionth time with our little loves. 
As for me, I'm busy with work and since the little Pooh-bear still isn't sleeping through the night I'm usually pretty exhausted. However, I've made lots of positive changes in my life this past year. Although I did have a baby less than a year ago, I am under my pre-pregnancy weight now. I've changed my eating habits a lot, cutting out a bunch of junk and trying to eat healthier. I don't think of it as a diet- more of a lifestyle change. I still eat a burger here and there and will drink a soda once in a blue moon but for the most part, I am much more concious of the food I'm putting in my body. The truth is, I feel so much better now that I am avoiding all the crap food. I have a long way to go to get the body I want but I'm working for it. I started running and have signed up for the Tinkerbell half marathon in January 2014 and although I have never been a runner, I am pleased to say I'm doing really well.

So that's it! I've relatively caught ya'll up on my life and will attempt to make it a habit to blog much more now.

I hope.

But now I must go, the little ones are up from their naps and it's just about dinner time, it's time to get back to my mom-tastic life.

No comments:

Post a Comment