Saturday, October 17, 2009

The NOT so Itsy Bitsy Spider

I don't have irrational phobias over insects or anything really. Prior to becoming a mom, I would see a spider and would squish it or just relocate it outside. Now I see one and I freak out, not because I am scared of them, I get scared that it will bite Gabriel. I have a fear of anything hurting my son, guess that's motherhood for you though. So instead of putting the spiders outside like back in the day, I squish it and make sure they are good and dead before anything can harm him.
Well today, my sister has like 10 girls over to celebrate her birthday and since the house was getting hot, I opened the door to the patio and sat in the kitchen. Well, the door had been open for about an hour or so, and while I was sitting here, trying to update the Daddy Blog, out of the corner of my eye I see something greyish black crawling across the kitchen floor. I focus on the moving object and see a humongous spider. Never in my life had I seen such a big and fat spider. Just thinking about it gives me chills. I jumped up and ran to find a shoe, snatched it from my sister's foot and ran to look for the spider and I couldn't see it! I can't even explain how much I freaked out when I couldn't find it! I found it and smashed it. All of my sister's friends looked at me like I was crazy and overreacting until I called one of them over to see it. She said it looked like a baby tarantula and we couldn't get over how big it was. We think it crawled in from outside but just the thought that there could be more make me freak out so much. I never want to see a spider like that again. Had I not been here and seen it,  it could've crawled behind a piece of furniture and bitten Gabriel tomorrow. The thought of that disgustingly huge spider crawling on my son mortifies me. I'm so glad that the spider is not here to torment us any longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment