Thursday, August 1, 2013

My life lately

Lately I've been busy party planning. Damian turns ONE next Wednesday. I still don't understand how that is possible! I feel like I just had him and was just cuddling up with my newborn baby and then I blinked and he's almost a toddler. It's a conspiracy, I'm convinced. It's turned into a tradition that on Gabriel's birthday for the past two years I will bake him a cake and we will have the Grandparents and his Aunts come over. Then he has a big birthday party where we invite all the family and friends. Since Gabriel and Damian's birthday is a little over a month apart and we can't have two big birthday parties (because we're Mexican and if you have a party you better be inviting EVERYONE) we decided to have a joint party for them and then I will make each of them a cake and have a little celebration on their actual birthdays. A few months ago we settled on a Toy Story theme for them, Gabe was excited since he loves the movies and loves Buzz. So I've been busy planning the Toy Story bash and also planning a small Winnie Pooh birthday dinner/cake for Damian next Wednesday when he turns one. The plan is to make him a Hunny pot smash cake, beehive cupcakes, and a bunch of other delicious noms. I know, I'm a little nuts. So I've been scouring Pinterest for ideas on both occasions while trying to keep up with sleep, dinners, work and what not but I finally managed to finish the invitation for the Toy Story birthday party.
Damian also got his first ever haircut on Tuesday. I was really not ready for it because even though it's just hair I knew that the little fuzzy mane he had was his baby hair and wasn't ready to give it up. The whole family kept asking when we were going to cut his hair and every time we went out somewhere people would stop us to tell us how cute our little GIRL was. I finally bit the bullet and figured that it just had to happen.
Little grumpy kid

"Hey Lady! What the heck do you think you're doing?"

"Why me?"

"I'm going to get you back for this Mommy!"

"Alright..I'm not too happy with this new 'do so I'm not going to smile"
I am not going to lie, as soon as the lady took the scissors out I was about to snatch my baby out of the chair and run...but my ankle was still pretty messed up so I had to suck it up and cry. I just had to accept that the little butterball is growing up. Speaking of growing up, guess who started talking steps all on his own?
Seriously, I don't understand why this kid is growing up so quickly. On the verge of his first birthday, first haircut, first steps. It's too much for a Mommy to handle!

1 comment:

  1. OMG those pictures of his first hair cut are to DIE for! He really is the cutest! I can't even wait to see how everything from the party turns out! you are so talented! I'm loving your blog too! So fun to read updates from you! Can't believe how big our babies are :(

    ReplyDelete